Thursday, September 18, 2008

statement

the direction i took with my posters was to appeal to the hispanic demographic, young and old. with my mouth poster, i went for a more youthful approach by saying, you have a voice, go vote. meaning the youth is there too, and its apparent, now use what you have and say something by voting. i used metonymy on this poster to represent the hispanic culture as a whole through the mouth a color of the typography. in my flag poster i was appealing more towards the older, more prideful side of my demographic. portraying a hardworking hispanic man, holding a flag, showing his pride for his culture, yet making a statement. i used antithesis to juxtapose the presence of the flag, and replacing it with, go vote. my color choices were based on the fact that i wanted to create a mood in my series of two posters. i wanted a dry, hot feeling to portray the struggle hispanics have gone through to become americans. i feel i did justice with my posters and feel confident in my appeal to my demographic.

No comments: