Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gigabyte Size
Metallicus Blue
Let's Get Technical
A Gigabyte Out Of Life

So my icon set has come to a conclusion. When this process started, I was thinking of items that were high tech, slick, and somewhat fashionable. With design, comes a language, and developing a language that is universal. Through process, I simplified my photos and objects into illustrations, then into iconic images. I created simple plain images, using characteristics of each object to tell what it was. With my final objects, I feel confident that they are very legible. Next came color choice. I chose cool colors to imply the metallic feel. Different values separate screen and body, and in some cases buttons. I am happy with my color choice, and through critique, I found that the colors help emphasize the language of my set.

No comments: